Friday, October 16, 2009

In a Word: Chocolate












My pores are oozing chocolate. I spent the afternoon at Le Salon du Chocolat, eating, smelling, and staring at chocolate. As my friend Elizabeth would say, "This is my happy face."

Think dark, white, and milk chocolates, mixed with spices or nuts or nougat, that snap when you break them or melt like a kiss on your tongue.

There's an entrance fee, but almost every booth at this exhibition will give you a free taste. I visited a lot of booths. I'm currently digesting truffles and candy bars and chocolate liquids and chocolate covered nuts and rich candies…. Is your mouth watering yet?

Apart from gorging yourself on chocolates from around the world, there is entertainment for the chocalateur. We saw a fabulous fashion show featuring models dressed as chocolate treats. Parts of their attire were genuine chocolate. I applaud our friend Alex, the only boy in my program, for putting up with Caroline and me! (Although we all know he secretly enjoyed it.)

We also sat through a couple cooking demos by Parisian cooks, all young males I might add. I felt like I was watching the food network. The best part about this was the free samples at the end.

Now I am a true chocolate connoisseur.
French Fact: French women won the right to vote in 1944.

4 comments:

  1. Comme c'est agreable de connaitre le chocolat en tant que gourmet, ainsi peut-etre que de gourmand! Une journee tres bien passee!

    Ca me plait de voir que tu profites bien de ton sejour a la Ville-Lumiere!

    (pardon la faute d'accents... je ne crois pas que ce soit possible de les taper ici...)

    pour ceux qui preferent l'anglais...

    It's pretty amazing to get the good stuff, and maybe even a decent amount of it! A day well spent.

    Glad to hear you're enjoying the City of Lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously...I want to check that "jealous" box about 87 times!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not afraid to admit that I'm thoroughly addicted to chocolate. So definitely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate is my favorite too. I don't know if I would want to wear it though. Glad to hear you are having a great time in France.

    ReplyDelete