Sunday, November 1, 2009

Busy, Busy

A smattering of things I've done since my last blog:



  • I got sick with a cold.


  • I went to a comtemporary art fair/market.


  • There's been a lot of studying. I'm glad midterms are over.

  • My program visited l'Assemblee Nationale, the French National Assembly. It is similar to the House of Representatives in America. We saw the semi-circular chamber, a library, press rooms, and more.


  • I ate my first "sandwhich grec" in one of the many Turkish restaurants all over Paris.


  • I dressed up as a ballerina and went to a Halloween party with friends from my program. The metro rides were fun that night.


  • My host brother Hugo had a birthday party, which meant 50 French teenagers in what is normally my bedroom.


  • I visited the Musee des Arts et Metiers-Techniques. It was filled with cool technology related articles like airplanes, clocks, cameras, cars, etc.


  • My program went to the Immigration Museum.


  • I wandered around the charming Monmartre, possibly my favorite area of Paris. (Minus the sharp incline. It's on a hill.)


  • Today, some French celebrate Toussaint, a Catholic holiday to celebrate all the Saints. I went to Notre Dame and listened to an organ concert, heard a cardinal speak about the Church in Africa, and attended a mass.


  • I visited the Pantheon with my program. Lots of famous people are buried their.




French Fact: France passed laws in 1905 to create a separation of church and state.

No comments:

Post a Comment